Zac and Lori's Big Birthday

It was kinda a big birthday year for me... one of those that makes my age end in a 0.  It feels surreal to be at this milestone that some might call "Over-the-Hill".  It feels so crazy to now have been married longer than I was single and to have kids who are one year away from legal adulthood.

It is a little harder to love these birthdays when I am constantly having to cover my grey hairs and battle for every pound that I want to lose, when waking up in the morning makes all my muscles ache as if I just woke up.

But fortunately, I have the best friends and family who made it the most special day for me.  And a husband as a birthday partner that will always be exactly 2-years older than me, so that always helps too.

One of my best friends in the world, Pam, sent me 40 birthday cards in the mail and wrote a message in every single one of them.  It caught me so off guard, that it may have made me a little teary with gratitude.  Love that girl.

So what did we do for Zac to make sure his day was special too?  We made him a "special" brownie treat (a literal mud pie) that the kids and I put together at the cabin.  Did he fall for it?  No- he knows us all too well.


Zac bought me a special pinata that was almost too adorable to bust.  But the kids were determined that we should have the candy inside. 



To celebrate my special 40th milestone, Zac bought me toys that I loved from my childhood like an Etch-A-Sketch, and a Speak and Spell!  He also surprised me with Scuba Diving lessons so that we could become Scuba Certified!

And just a reminder, this guy had a birthday too!  But he somehow always manages to make it feel like my day.

The kids spoiled us by buying us a deluxe chocolate birthday cake and picking out some of my favorite things like flowers and bubble bath.

Any time we spend at the cabin is always filled with happy memories and magic.  We love being in the forest together.


And when we got back, another of my favorite people, Sheri, picked me up in a Tesla that she had borrowed and took me joy riding to get pedicures and dinner.  I have never felt so spoiled.  And the thrill of driving a Tesla will stay with me for a long time!

I truly feel bad that we don't have many birthday shots of Zac.  He is my everything and I am so happy to have him as my birthday buddy forever.  Happy Birthday, Sweetheart!

Comments