Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day came and went and it all feels like a huge blur!  Every year I feel like my life is becoming so progressively busier that it is a miracle if I pull off even buying a box of Valentine's anymore.  Gone are the days of making homemade Valentine's for the kids classes and Valentine's boxes, along with mystery dinners and sending Valentine's to cousins.  I am amazed I even got pictures of anything.  I feel tremendous guilt that I don't seem to have the time to spend with the younger kids that I did with the older ones... but I am trying.

I did do Valentine's hair for Charlotte.  (Ashlyn won't let me touch hers anymore.)

We bought the kids each their own box of chocolates, though I don't know why I fall for that every year.  They always bite into each of them and then hate them and then I eat six boxes of chocolates by myself... oh yeah, maybe that's why I do it! 



Zac surprised me with flowers and strawberries and chocolate to dip them in.  I sure do love that guy. 


I love him so much that for his Valentine, I put up 20+ containers of strawberry freezer jam (his favorite) and made him some homemade bread.  I even got experimental and dyed some of the dough pink to see if I could make hearts in the middle.  The hearts didn't turn out great, but the loaf I marbled was pretty cool! 

We also had a heart shaped pizza dinner with pie for dessert, so I wasn't a total loser mom.  The kids got to school with the right amount of Valentine's to hand out and the twins made it to their school dance with a dozen cookies each.  It is so crazy that they are old enough to go to dances and have "crushes".  I can't believe how much everyone is growing up.  I wish I could just SLOW down time.  I am so thankful for a day to tell my family how much I love them.  My life wouldn't be complete without them.

Comments