February Little Things

With six busy kids and a husband that works probably close to 80+ hours a week, our life is moving SO dang fast.  I feel like I can hear a literal whooshing in my ears as I speed from one thing to another trying to get everyone where they need to go with everything they need.  I wanted to try really hard this month to SLOW DOWN and enjoy the little moments that make me happy.

Here are a few of them from this month.

One night, Tanner had a basketball game in Bear Lake.  I haven't been able to go to his away games, as I have a little girl that I watch for day care and I can't pack her with us when the nights don't get over until 8-9 p.m.  I have been sad that I have had to miss so much of the kids playing when they are away.  One night Tanner was far away at Bear Lake and he didn't get home until about 9:30.  All the kids were in bed when he got home.  I got to spend 30 minutes with Tanner all by myself as he ate a late night snack and told me all about the game.  He just felt so grown up to me and I just enjoyed our time together so much, I took his picture to ingrain it in my memory.


Found this in Ian's homework return pile and it made me smile and made Zac's day, "My Valentine is my father.  He likes to build with me." 

Poor daddy has to spend so much time in his office on his side job, that his kiddos get to missing him.  On this particular day, Whitlee curled up into his lap while he worked and fell asleep. 

This girl of mine is almost three and still loves to stack blocks as much as she did when she was a baby.  She makes me the most amazing towers and houses almost every day.  Maybe she will be an architect or a builder when she grows up. 


Comments