Madness

 Last year when I was expecting Whitlee, time seemed to drag on fooooorrrrreeeeevvvveeer.  I needed a distraction so that I wasn't just counting down days, hours, and minutes until I could get that baby out of my guts.  A distraction came in the form of NCAA March Madness.  As a family, we all picked a bracket and then we watched a lot of games.  Every week I had something to look forward to and distract me.  And guess what I had the best bracket in the family, woot!  The kids thought it was all pretty fun, so this year we stepped it up a notch.  We bought a giant bag of candy and told the kids that for every correct pick they would get a candy.  The overall bracket winner will receive a family trophy (purchased from DI) and a candy bar of choice.  Guess who is winning this year... double woot!

I was feeling pretty smug about March Madness this year and my ability to pick a winning bracket, but then one day my husband was urgently called down to Houston, TX for some "meetings".  Meetings in Houston Texas where it just so happens that Duke would be playing Utah State and Gonzaga played UCLA.  The next thing I know I was receiving texts with pictures like these... 

Zac's fairy Godfather showed up at his office with a stretch limo and took poor little Cinderfella to the ball....games.





Zac says it was an amazing stadium.  It can hold 100,000 people.  I cant imagine the pressure those players must feel having that many eyes on them and the sound level of the screaming in a stadium that big.  Zac had a good time and irregardless of his losing bracket ended up the March Madness winner.

Meanwhile we had to settle for watching it on this small screen at home.  We may have splurged recently and bought a projector for the basement.  As taking our family to the movies is a $100 venture in which I sit out in the hall with the little ones, we decided to invest in our own home theater.  If we stay away from the theaters a handful of times, it will cover the cost of what we paid for that projector.  Deal!   We can watch TV, movies, Netflix, and hook up to our computers on that thing and it is awesome.  Zac may have ridden in a cushy limo and watched an amazing game live, but I guarantee he wasn't half as comfortable as we were at home in our recliners watching the game on the big screen.


These kids have no idea how spoiled they are.

Comments