I D.A.R.E. You Not to be Jealous of my Awesome Kids

The school year is winding down and my kids are accomplishing mountains of milestones as the days count down.  This week Tanner and Ashlyn had the opportunity to graduate from the D.A.R.E. (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) program.  An officer from our LDS ward was their D.A.R.E. Instructor and he made it very fun and worthwhile for them.  At the end of the program he challenged them to an essay competition.  Each student wrote an essay about what they learned in D.A.R.E. and he selected one winner from each class.  The winners read their essay in front of the school and parents and received a stuffed animal.  And wouldn't you know it Ashlyn won!

And I am SO glad she won instead of Tanner.  Not because I don't love them both temendously, but because Tanner's essay included a nice detailed paragraph about how his D.A.R.E. Officer had pulled his mother over for speeding.  I was glad I didn't have to relive that experience in front of the whole community.
The kids are all very fascinated with "Photo Bombing" lately, so I told them they could photo bomb Tanner if they wanted to, so long as they were sneaky and he didn't know.

Even Whitlee snuck around the corner to get in on a photo bomb.

Needless to say, he knew he was being photo bombed and was a good sport about it (at least right up until I was done taking the picture and then Ian was taken down shortly after and pummeled).

Love these silly kids and am so proud of all of their accomplishments.

Comments