St. Patrick's Day Mischief

As much as I love most holidays, I'm not sure how I feel about St. Patrick's Day.  I love the creativity that comes from crafting traps... but the mess from crafting traps and the ensuing mess when the leprechauns come and destroy those traps and our house has me a little on edge.

But the oodles of twixes and peanut butter cups that they leave soothe my nerves and I allow it to continue to happen every year!

This year, with COVID-19 causing panic in grocery stores and the sell out of toilet paper everywhere, Ashlyn decided that the perfect trap would involve a Wal-Mart and the last leprechaun size roll of toilet paper as bait.  She is always such a clever girl!

Whitlee decided to go for a spider-web type trap this year and made a sticky spider web full of goodies.

I'll be honest, Charlotte's was so intricate that I'm not really sure how to explain it!

Bronson made the "Hidden Treasure of the Sahara" and buried some pyramids and the Sphinx in a large jar of hot chocolate "sand".  The goal was that the leprechaun would climb the ladder and jump in to retrieve the treasure and then find himself stuck.



Ian had a container with a trap floor falling into slime.


And I'm not sure if Tanner ever even understands how his traps are supposed to work or if he just tries to confuse the leprechauns?

I made an All You Can Eat Cheese Puff restaurant.  I figured the leprechauns would go in, eat all of the cheese balls and be too sick to leave or too fat to get out the door.

Zac thought he could trap the leprechauns by giving them an odd amount of money and then a tithing slip.  He thought figuring the tithing on such an odd amount would keep them there for a while.

It turns out that Ashlyn's trap inspired them to TP us with our precious little stash of real toilet paper.


We learned that leprechauns don't pay tithing...

They used Tanner's trap to defeat Whitlee's trap.


And used the cheese balls from my trap to catapult them all over the house.

And Charlotte's trap was trashed!

An archeological dig took place in Bronson's trap, which resulted in stolen money, but no captured leprechauns.


Those tricky leprechauns even tried to trap the kids!

And worst of all trashed our house.
Ugh... at least we all remembered to wear green and no one got pinched.  So there's always a bright side!

Comments