April Fool's Day

April Fool's day is always such a scary day at our house as we have kids with no "Appropriateness Filters" and even though we talked to the kids about the best kinds of jokes are the kind that don't hurt people or make them uncomfortable... we still had to tread carefully around our house.

With so much craziness in the world going on, I just couldn't do anything too mean this year... so this was my joke.  I brought home a box of doughnuts for breakfast, but had taken the doughnuts out and filled the box with fruit instead.  The kids didn't mind.  They like fruit and they knew I would eventually cave in and give them the doughnuts.


I also took Ashlyn's cell phoen and put it in the dish soap container.
But it really didn't phase her, she just cut it out and went on her way.

Ian replaced the salt with sugar and the pepper with a spicy ceyenne pepper type seasoning.
Tanner put rubber bands on the drinking fountain so that it would spray us in the face and Charlotte filled her siblings shoes full of rocks.

We saw some funny jokes going around social media about kids having to repeat their current grades next year due to COVID, however I didn't jump on that one fast enough before the kids saw it and knew it was a joke.  I think they might have cried if I had tried it anyways, so I'm glad I didn't do it.  Hopefully next year, we can all laugh a little easier!

Comments