Our Christ Filled Christmas

Isn't this the most amazing nativity that you have ever seen?  This is the one that my mom had in our home when I was growing up, but she only had the Mary and Joseph.  So, because her birthday is in early December, and when we lived in Utah, we lived by the Hansen Classics studio that makes this nativity, I gave her a piece at a time every year for her birthday until she had the whole set.  THEN to surprise me this year, she gave Zac and I the WHOLE set for our Christmas present.  This is what it looks like in my special display case.  This is why I love this nativity so much: 1) Jesus actually looks like a baby, not a toddler. 2) Mary is holding him lovingly.  and 3) Look at how tenderly Joseph is kneeling with his arm around Mary gazing at the baby.
Sigh, I just love it.  Thanks Mom!

It was the perfect gift as we have tried to really focus on Christ each day during our Christmas advent.  So far we have filled an angel tree wish, delivered a secret santa gift, watched the Christmas devotional, watched the nativity movie, looked at the nativities at the Museum of Idaho, brightened someone's day, said hello to someone who needed a friend, smiled at a stranger, learned a Christmas song about Christ, made a nativity craft, read scriptures about Christ's birth, written thank you notes, taken gifts to teachers, neighbors, and friends, and driven around the temple grounds.  It has been an amazing holiday season so far. 

I wish you all a Christ filled holiday season!

Comments