Jesus is a Butterfly

As part of our Christ filled Christmas this week, I got out my New Testament pictures from my gospel art kit.  I let each of the kids pick a picture that they wanted to learn about and then we read the story on the back.  Ian picked this picture and told me, "Mom, Jesus is a butterfly!"  I guess he thought that the billowing cape that Christ is wearing looked like butterfly wings.

I have been thinking about what Ian said a lot today.  I have never made that connection before and don't know if the artist intended to make that statement, but Jesus certainly is like a butterfly and what a beautiful message.  He came to this earth and died for our sins, was wrapped and laid in a tomb, then reemerged as a resurrected being in full power and glory. 

The above picture is an artistic depiction of the Second Coming, at which time, (we read on the back of the picture), those who died in righteousness will also be resurrected and will meet Christ.  I am so grateful that Christ became a "butterfly" for me, and look forward to that glorious day of his Second Coming, when I too can reemerge with my family of butterflies.

How blessed I am to have such wonderful children who are so close to the Savior to teach me and buoy me up every day!  Merry Christmas to everyone.  I hope you are all able to feel the Spirit of the season in your homes this week.

Comments

Brandon said…
Awesome. Thanks for sharing that with us.
Kris said…
Sure never thought of that - but what wisdome comes out of the mouth of babes! (Especially, babe Ian!)