Turkey Talk

I love it when kids start to talk, it always makes for many chuckles during the day as words get mixed up or substituted.  Charlotte is really a very good communicator, which makes it very hard for her when I just don't understand what she is trying to tell me.  Today, she kept telling me that she wanted a "lemon-aid"  (I wish I could type "lemonade" how she says it, you would die from cute overload).  I kept giving her a cup of lemon-aid, but she would push it away and get upset.  Finally, I told her to take me to what she wanted and she pushed a stool up to the medicine cupboard, pointed to the doors and wanted me to open them, then she saw the BAND-aids and pointed excitedly.  She wanted a band-aid, not a lemon-aid!

She also made me laugh on Monday night when we drove to the Greenbelt to feed the ducks.  We drove past some very large and very nice downtown office buildings and Charlotte got very excited and yelled, "Mommy, a castle, a CASTLE!"  I thought that was so funny, but they really did look like the castles in her princess book!

She also loves to tell the kids to "knock it off" when they are fighting and will yell, "GUYS, COCK-A-LOCK" not to be confused with roosters, which she calls "Cock-a-Loos".

We sure love this girl.  She makes us laugh every day.  Now if I could just get her to say, "I need to go potty." then we would be all set!

Comments