Be Sure to Say Your Prayers!

Every time I put Charlotte down for a nap, I always let her pick out a story for me to read to her.  Today, she dug up a book of Nursery Rhymes.  I was thumbing through reading some of our favorite ones when I came across this little gem... keep in mind this is a book of nursery rhymes that was written for small children, it is a short one that contains mostly the classics like Mary had a Little Lamb and Three Blind Mice...

Goosey, Goosey, Gander

Goosey, goosey, gander,
Whither shall I wander?
Upstairs and downstairs
And in my lady's chamber.
There I met an old man
Who would not say his prayers.
I took him by the left leg
And threw him down the stairs.

I am so glad when the stories we read together teach a moral!  Now when I tuck her in tonight if she refuses to say her prayers, like she usually does, she can't say she hasn't been warned!

Thanks to: http://www.fotolibra.com/gallery/50146/goosey-goosey-gander-illustration/ for this remarkable illustration!

Comments