Where Did June Go: Part II Swimming Lessons

Ever since, our house has been for sale (ahem, almost 3 years), I have always signed my kids up for swimming lessons at Heise Hot Springs in early June just in case the house sells and then we will have swimming lessons done and out of the way.  We like Heise because even though it is cold and rainy outside, it is always warm in the hot pools!

I was so proud of Ian this year.  He was so scared last year that he would cry and cry.  Not so this year!  He jumped right in and was thrilled to be learning new swimming skills.  When lessons finished up, he told me, "But they can't be over, I still can't swim yet!"  Hopefully, we will get there some day.

This is the best picture of Tanner and Ashlyn that I got.  Every day this mom would bring her video camera and nice photographer grade camera and stand blocking the view of the swimming pool taking video and pictures of her kids.  Seriously, lady, who is going to watch those videos?  Anyways, when I finally got around her to snap this one shot, she walked in front of me.  But if you could see Tanner and Ashlyn you might see them doing back floats, diving under the wanter to retrieve a ring, or jumping off the deep end and sitting at the bottom of the pool.  These are all things that they have perfected this year.

Here is the pre-lesson pose with Charlotte, oh how I wish she were old enough for lessons.  On the last day, Char and I paid to stay and swim with the kids and it was very fun.  She is a water baby!

Stretching out... you don't want a cramp!

Comments