Feel Free to Be Jealous

As I mentioned earlier, Zac and I celebrated our 10th anniversary recently.  As this is such a banner year, I wanted to do something besides our traditional pan of brownies and a movie on the couch... don't get me wrong, I love that... but this year demanded something special.  A couple of years ago, a couple that owns the Black Swan Inn in Pocatello opened the Destination's Inn in Idaho Falls.  They have theme rooms based on different countries around the world.  So, Zac and I settled on the Morocco Room and booked it.  I figured we would go out to dinner, maybe catch a movie and then head to our room and call it the best anniversary ever.  However, I underestimated my uber-super romantic husband.  This is how it really went down...

 Friday morning, Zac snuggled up and did not appear in any hurry to go to work, which is pretty uncharacteristic for him.  I started to panic thinking he would be late for work when he finally let on that he had taken the whole day off to be with me!  When I went into the kitchen, I found this gorgeous bouquet and a wonderful note that my dear husband had written to me.  He had also arranged with his mom to take work off so that she could watch our kids early (thanks Kris!)


After dropping the kiddos off (first time I have ever left Char overnight)... Zac took me golfing next to the Rexburg airport.  We love golfing together and usually make it our birthday tradition, but missed out this year due to rain.  The whole time he pointed out the airplanes taking off and landing, which was pretty cool.

When we got home, we ditched our golf clubs, packed our bags and headed for the truck.  On my seat in the truck was a large Styrofoam model airplane and some jewelry.  hmmm... I thought, what could this airplane be for? 

 Well, it turns out that the airplane was a clue to our next destination.  Zac had arranged with his cousin, Kyle, who happens to have his pilot's license to take us on a romantic flight.  Now, the really cool part about all of this is that when Zac and I got married, I had never been on a plane before.  We decided not to fly anywhere for our honeymoon as we were still both in school and money was tight, so instead Zac had chartered a little Cessna to fly us over the Tetons.  Unfortunately, it snowed on our honeymoon (yes, snow in June!), and we had to reschedule our flight.  But we did take it and it was amazing.  So this flight with Kyle was a throwback to our honeymoon.  Fortunately, it didn't snow and the weather was great for flying.

 Zac arranged with Kyle to fly us by the temple where we got married.  You can see it there in the top center of this picture.  He also flew us over Shelley, where we are trying to move, he flew us over Blackfoot, where he works, and then we made a scenic loop through Palisades and over our current home before returning to the airport.  Thanks Kyle for being an amazing tour guide and willing pilot!

After the flight we had an amazing dinner at our favorite restaurant, Applebees... which me may have also picked because I had just enough left on a gift card from my Welch's fruit snack win to pay for our meal.

 And finally, we got to check into the Morocco Room at the Destination's Inn.  Here is my best friend lounging in the sitting area.

 A view from the entry.  You can see a bucket with a bottle of sparkling cider chilling in the background.  The hotel also left us two monster slices of cheesecake in the fridge.

 The beautiful bed on a raised platform.  When you lay on the bed you can use a remote to lower a projector screen and you can watch movies or TV on an awesome projector with surround sound.

 The champagne-bubbler "Chromatherapy" tub.  I was so excited to use the Chromatherapy feature, until I read the instruction manual and found out that "Chromatherapy" means that the tub has a light in it.  It was still really fun to use such a cool big bubbler tub.

 There was also a big walk-in shower with a sauna feature.  We had fun pushing all the buttons.

And the sitting area where we put up our feet and ate our cheesecake by the fire.

I couldn't ask for a more romantic and memorable anniversary, nor could I dream of a more romantic, thoughtful, and wonderful husband.  I love you so much Zac and I can't wait for our next 10 years together!

Comments

Holly said…
:) What a great couple you two are! I'm impressed with your hubs romantic planning! You deserve it! How fun!
Goody Family said…
I think you should look into being an airplane model, you are hot!