The Part of Winter We Will Miss

When Zac wrote his autobiography in highschool, he dreamed of the day that he would be married and sitting on his back porch gazing at the stars while sipping hot chocolate with his wife  AND THEN he met me, and while I am all about back porch star gazing, I just never enjoyed hot chocolate, which really is odd, because I am usually all over anything chocolate.

But where I lack in my hot chocolate drinking skills, my children have MORE than made up for it.  Somehow, in the past few years it has become a tradition at our house that if the kids play outside in the snow, then I will make them a steaming cup of hot chocolate when they come inside.

 Santa even brought us all matching family hot chocolate mugs this year. 
If these kids play outside and I am not quick enough with the hot chocolate when they come in, then I am in serious trouble.
 Hot chocolate is always better with fancy marshmallows.  Thsi year we had cocoa vanilla swirl mallows and gingerbread man mallows, which did in fact taste like gingerbread.

Ian likes to stack his gingerbread men on top of their "stools" and then karate kicks them off.

This is actually one part of winter that I will miss, even if I am only vicariously enjoying the hot chocolate through my children.

Comments