Zac and Lori Had a Birthday, Shout Hooray!

We had a birthday shout Hooray?  I am not sure whether to shout Hooray when I have a birthday anymore or not.  I am starting to have more grey hairs and wrinkles than I care to admit.  But the fact that I get to have a special day shared with my best friend always makes it a Hooray kind of day.

The kids are getting so old, that they actually make birthdays very fun for us.  They work for months in order to earn money to save for presents for Ian, Zac, and I.  When the time came to shop, I turned them loose in Wal-Mart with a cell phone and I shopped for Zac, while they shopped for me.  They had the cash that they had earned and a calculator.  They called one time to ask my shirt size, and then again to tell me when they were done.  They went out and put the gifts in the suburban and then met me in the store.  I was totally surprised on the day of my birthday to see what they had picked for me.  They bought me sunglasses, gum, and a shirt.  It was wonderful.

For their dad, they decided to make him something, because they knew their dad would be touched by a gift they had made themselves.  I stopped in town and picked up the materials for them and they found a website with instructions for how to make ladder golf.  They were able to make it mostly by themselves, with just a little help from me.  


It was a big surprise for their dad and he loved it.


Charlotte got hurt by Tanner while we were out playing ladder golf, and because I had my camera, I made her show me her saddest hurt face:

And in turn, Tanner had to show me his most sorry face:

And this is Ashlyn's sorry face, because she is just so good at sorry faces to pass up a posing opportunity to make one:

Later in the day, my sweetie took me on our annual birthday golfing trip, and I've got to say, I'm getting pretty darn good.  I can now get the ball in the hole in little more than 10 shots.  We may have to make this more than a once a year trip.  Heck, I may just start making the tournament circuit.

Love this guy!

Happy Birthday Zac!  You are a swell guy.

Comments