Tee-Ball Trauma


The twins started tee-ball this week and I was so excited for them. I loved sports as a kid, wasn't very good at them, but loved them none the less. When I signed them up initially, they both had a kicking screaming fit because they wanted to play soccer. But given the registration fee was twice as much for soccer, I told them to be good Americans and learn to play baseball. I figured they would learn to love it when they started.

So here we are at the first game. Our kids are outfield first, so far so good. Tanner is the catcher and Ashlyn is the shortstop, the first team hits the ball, runs everywhere but where they are supposed to run, and our kids pick dandilions, throw the ball clear to the outfield and bean eachother in the face with the ball.

Next, we are up to bat, everything goes well.

Outfield again, Ashlyn has had it, she is not an outfielder! Daddy stands next to her in the field and gives her a hug, but then comes back to the parent section.

By the last inning, Mom has to stand next to Ashlyn the entire inning so that she will stay out there... meanwhile, Tanner is enjoying himself, and Zac is wrestling Ian to the ground to keep him from going up to bat!

At the end of the game, all of us were exhausted and had to have some ice cream! Can't wait to see what tonight's game brings!


Comments

Tiffany said…
I like your what's for dinner sidebar . . . just like me :) My hubby's bday is on the 27th, pretty close it sounds like.

I am glad you are doing well. I love you blog!
Fillmore Fun said…
Thanks Tiff, of course I did get the "What's for Dinner" idea from you. I look at yours all of the time to get ideas. That is fun that our husbands were born within 3 days of each other!