Tanner and Lori Hike to Delta Lake


My sister is amazing at so many things.   In recent years, she has taken up hiking.  Every time we see the beautiful pictures of the places she has been, we have been in awe.  Tanner has been begging for a good hike for a long while, which is hard to come by when we have little ones and non-hikers in our house.  So we made a goal and told Aunt Lyndsay that we wanted to accompany her and Cousin Courtney on a hike this summer, and they did not disappoint!  They chose the Delta Lake hike in the Grand Teton mountains.  Delta Lake is a "hidden lake" that wasn't well known until recent years when the Internet started putting information out for hikers.  It is a bit off the beaten trail, which means scrambling up some boulder fields for a huge vertical climb for a solid mile and the hike was a little over 8 miles round trip where we gained a lot of elevation!  But the view and the lake were so worth it!








 
The lake is a glacial lake and not really one you would want to jump in, but I did fill my water bottle at the lake and drank it with my life-saving Life Straw.  It was probably one of the hardest hikes I have ever done and of course, Tanner and Courtney acted like it was no-big-deal finishing 20 minutes before Lyndsay and me, but I only threw up once on the way home and could walk again normally after three days, so it is doable!  It might take me a year to recover, but I can't wait for another adventure with the Goodys!

Comments