Quick Trip to Pensacola Florida

I had a chance to get out of the house and travel with Zac to Pensacola Beach this past month!  I hesitated because honestly, it's always easier not to go with six kids at home.  I was also a bit worried about the COVID situation and the unrest in some of the bigger cities right now.  But on the spur of a moment two days before Zac's trip, I thought why not?  The twins are super responsible and both drivers and the kids weren't in school yet and our schedule was all but freed up.

And guess what, neither the COVID or the civil unrest were issues at all and this trip with Zac became an absolute few days in Paradise.  The beaches in Pensacola they say are the whitest sandy beaches on Earth and I believe it and the ocean water was as warm as a bath.  The little fishes that were so curious about my feet freaked me out a little, but not enough to keep me out of the water.







Sea food by the sea shore





This is a weird hobby of mine, but I can't pass up a cemetery without stopping to walk through and look at the old gravestones, looking for the oldest ones and pondering on the people that had walked this place so long ago.  Cemeterys are beautiful to me.


The Blue Angels are stationed out of Pensacola!  They did a few fly bys while we were on the beach.







On Zac's day off, we visited Fort Pickens, an old abandoned Fort nestled on the coast.  We got to walk all through its crazy mazes and tunnels.  There was a self-guided tour with plaques explaining the many historical aspects of the Fort and we loved it!





 I am beyond glad that I was brave enough to face the obstacles and that the kids are old enough to handle the load at home while we were away.  My feet and heart were made for wandering and I love exploring this world, especially with my best friend in the world by my side.

Comments