January Cell Phone Purge

Here are a few memorable events from January as recorded by my cell phone:

The Case of the Missing Diamond:
A couple of weeks ago, I was going about my typical busy day.  I had cleaned a hundred things and taken the kids a hundred places when suddenly I noticed the diamond on my wedding ring was no longer with me.  I happened to notice it on my way to Kindergarten Carpool pick up, so even though I wanted to panic and retrace my steps and tear apart the house right NOW!  I had to remain calm until I could pick up the Kindergartners and deliver all 5 of them home (we have a big carpool group!)  I called the jewelry store who offered no helpful solution, but did offer to sell me another diamond and then I called Zac.  He said, "Did you think to pray?"  Of course I did think to pray... but when I did think about it the silliest argument in my head ensued.  On one hand, I have seen my children pray for lost items of seeming insignificance (to me) and have their prayers answered on SEVERAL occasions.  I have seen my husband pray for lost items, some significant and some maybe not so life changing and I have seen his prayers answered even immediately... like once we were praying for something he had lost and during the prayer a thought popped into my head and I jumped right up and walked to the lost item.... but back the the missing diamond, I couldn't bring myself to vocalize the prayer.  I rationalized that it was a TINY chip of a diamond and that I had been hundreds of places and that it could be anywhere.  How could Heavenly Father help me?  Did he have time for me?  What if I didn't find it even after prayer?  Would it affect my testimony?  But then again what was I out for trying?  I was still with the Kindergartners, so the prayer was said very reverently in my head.  As soon as I got home, I decided I should start my search in the Suburban near the seat belts where I buckle Whitlee in.  The buckle area was disgusting and full of crumbs and other nastiness, but then a glint caught my eye.  It was my diamond. I had only spent about 5 minutes looking for it and there it was.  The jewelry store was able to fix it and fortify my prongs and now I have my ring back on my finger shiny and new.  The moral:  Pray Always!!

Walmart Fun: 
Walmart has these crazy big stuffed animals out for Valentine's Day and the kids had a fun time posing with them... which is my way of appeasing them so we don't have to buy them.

Whitlee has had lots of fun adventures in the snow and playing at the house every day with her best friend Josie.  Charlotte and Whitlee had some fun trying on some costume hats while helping dad with remodel on a historic theater in town!

And I got to take this girl shopping for baptism dresses when a store in town went out of business.  It was so fun trying on so many beautiful dresses (all $15!) and she found her dream dress.  She can't WAIT for her baptism and to get to wear her new beautiful dress!!

Comments