BYU Men's Basketball Vs. Gonzaga Game

Since Zac and I are BYU Alum and both have a plethora of BYU shirts, hats, degrees, etc.  The kids have become natural BYU fans.  We try to watch every game we can, which can be challenging since we don't actually have cable or satellite TV.  But we make do and we get a couple of games in when they are broadcast on BYUTV.  The kids have been enchanted and have several basketball heroes/ role models  that we have loved watching both through football and basketball.  Therefore it was a real life dream come true for our big kids to get the opportunity to take in an actual real live game in the Marriott Center.  Zac took Tanner, Ashlyn, and Ian, while I took the younger three back to the hotel to swim.  I died a little inside at not getting to take in the game myself, but I knew that at $33/ ticket and with three little ones, I would be better off throwing away $130 then pulling my hair out trying to keep them happy at a game... so I made them watch it with me at the hotel instead and it made me happy knowing that my family was there caught up in the excitement.
Check out that jumbo-tron!

Chase Fisher and Kyle Collingsworth are two of our favorite players!








It was a very intense game with BYU down by 2 in the last 2 minutes.  They got the ball possession three different times and missed all three shots.  It was so sad.  My kids felt so disappointed that we had driven all that way only to watch them lose.  But boy did they have a great time.  Ian says he can't wait until his chance to play for BYU and looks forward to winning NCAA March Madness and I can't wait to come watch him play!

Comments