Pickling My Funny Bone

The other night, our library sponsored a Family Reading night.  I adore those.  It is a night full of crafts, activities, and snacks for the whole family and we usually come away with some prizes.  This particular month, 5th graders and up were able to compete for a Kindle Fire in a Thanksgiving trivia contest.  I thought I had it... I missed it by one point :(  After the trivia contest was over, we spotted a contest for the kids where they could write what they thought a pickle would say if it could talk... the prize?  A giant jar of huge pickles.  I wanted it (I am pregnant after all).  And after the disappointment of a missed Kindle Fire, I needed it.  I told Ashlyn to go and write, "Being a pickle is a good dill."  A clever pun... it should have been in the bag.  However, I underestimated my competition.  The winning comment: "Don't touch me, I'm picklish!"  And the writer of the winning comment?  TANNER!  I didn't even coach him, he beat me with his own wit.  And fortunately for the rest of us, Tanner doesn't like pickles.  It was a win for everyone.

I am so proud of my kids and what humorous wonderful people they are becoming.

Comments

Kris said…
No WAY!!! What a fun story! Good for Tanner! I think both comments deserved a Kindle Fire rather than a bottle of pickles! It's just not Kosher!