Mother's Day

Somehow over the years Mother's Day has turned into Mother's Month and I'm not complaining!  It all starts with Scouts and Achievement Days when the kids make gifts/ projects weeks before Mother's Day and then run home to hide them under their beds and pray that little brothers and sisters don't ruin the surprise.  Then comes school notes, gifts and projects, and on the Sunday of, the kids usually write more notes and bring home more gifts.  All along the way the kids are thinking of me and going out of their way to help around the house and leaving me little love notes.  And of course, with the best husband in the world I am treated like a queen all day long...

Notes and magnets from the kids

A rendering of me by Ian.  I keep it by my bathroom mirror so that I can use it as a model for how to do my hair every day.

Zac had the kids help him remove construction debris and clear out a flower bed.  They then took me shopping and let me pick out some flowers.  It makes me smile every day :)

I also got a flower seeds from Ashlyn (growing in the big pot), a tree from Ian, and a tomato plant from the church... at this point I had ran out of pots and upcycled an old paint can into a tomato pot.

I am truly blessed not only to have the best kids and husband ever, but to also have the best mother/ mother-in-law a girl could ever ask for.  So thankful for Mother's Day and the chance it gives us to reflect on our gratitude for our mothers.

Comments