Baseball is Our Life

I remember playing baseball in the summers as a child and how much I looked forward to it (no, I wasn't very good and had my good share of strikeouts), but I loved it none-the-less and it just seems like an experience every child should have... so every year when those darn sign ups come around, we get super excited and pay our fees, fees, and more fees, and sign everyone up for baseball.  We start in April (Tanner) and end in July (Ashlyn) and don't have one darn break in between.  Between practices and games for three different kids on three different teams, we are forgetting what it is like to be home at night.  Worth it?  You bet, look at those smiles...








Keeping this kid from joining the game, every stinking time, consumes my attention and energy... he can't wait to play!  It exhausts me to imagine keeping track of 5 different kids baseball schedules and the twins still won't be able to drive by the time Buster is 5... we will worry about it when we get there. 


Ashlyn and Ian's baseball schedules just so happened to line up so that they are on every Tuesday and Thursday at the same time... different places.  Let me tell you how fun that has been trying to coordinate with Zac for one of us to be at one while the other takes care of the other.  And when Zac is out of town, I thank my stars for new friends in the ward!

A couple of weeks ago one of Ashlyn's games got cancelled so she was able to come cheer for her brother at least once this season :)  And her season goes longer than his so he will so repay the favor.


Here is Ashlyn's team, I told Bell Photographers (you may remember them from a previous post) that I would be saving my team picture $$$ this year, cuz I got me a fancy pants camera.  I realize now that I may need to buy a new lens with a bigger zoom function.




This girl is improving so much this year.  We can actually see her doing better and better with each game.  So proud of her and the boys and how hard they work to learn so many new talents!

Comments