They Took the Plunge

Saturday, August 4th, Tanner and Ashlyn Fillmore chose to be baptized and became members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  We are so proud of them.

Here are some highlights from our day...

The night before the kids got baptized, Zac practiced with the kids, how to hold their noses, and talked about what their day would be like and what it meant to get baptized and to receive the Holy Ghost.



Even Ian got some good practice in.  In three years, he will be all set to go!
Ashlyn made a special "I Like to Look for Rainbows- Covenant Cake" and decorated it at Achievement Days.  I have been called to be an Achievement Days leader in our ward and get to help with her group.  We both love it!
I think she was happily surprised by how colorful it turned out.  After baptism practice with dad, we ate her cake for our refreshment.
This is the display we set up for the big day.  Grandma and Grandpa Martineau gave them each a nice set of scriptures with their names embossed on them.  Grandma and Grandpa Powell gave them their baptism clothes.  And they received a special necklace (for Ashlyn) and Book of Mormon action figure (for Tanner) from Great Grandma Gerry.  I made each of the twins a special "Comforter Quilt" to symbolize their choice to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.  I took them both to the fabric store and let the kids pick out their favorite colors of fabric, and then they picked out the softest, most comfortable fabric they could find for the backing.


I overshot how much fabric I needed for the quilts and ended up with enough extra to make Ashlyn and Charlotte these matching skirts!

Arriving at the church.
Fillmore Family 2012
Dad with his twins, he has been dreaming about this day for a very long time.
We are so proud of our kiddos.
Dad and Tanner
Dad and his Sweetheart

Here is a summation of their baptism day in their own words:

Tanner
The night before my baptism, my dad practiced with me.  We packed our suitcase with white underwear and a white towel.  We got to the church and then we got our white clothes.  I got my white clothes on and then I went into the chapel.  Then it was our turn and when they were ready for us to get baptized, they called our names and I went into the dressing room and then I got to stand in the hot water and watch Ashlyn get baptized and then I went in.  I felt good. Dad said a prayer and then dunked me under the water.  The water was warm, and kind of hot.  I felt good in my heart.  I was really happy.  When I got confirmed I felt a good feeling inside.  Dad blessed me to have strength and to be a good leader.
Ashlyn
I was really, really, really, excited.  We got to church and we picked out a kind of thing that you wear to get baptized.  Then, we went to change into it.  Then we sat in the chapel and listened to a guy say some stuff.  He had this guy and he was being good, then he put peanut butter on his face to represent sins.  Then he made the guy get baptized and he washed the peanut butter off his face, which were called sins.  Then we waited for another guy and he said that we were going to be first to get baptized.  Then I walked into the water and waited for Dad to come too.  Then I walked down to him and the water was really hot.  Dad baptized me and I went under water.  I opened my eyes under the water and it burned my eyes.  I got out of the water and it was Tanner’s turn.  I watched him and he went under the water too.  And then we came out and I changed into my dress and then we sat in the chapel again.  Next, I got the gift of the Holy Ghost.  All the guys that were related to me like Grandpa Bob, Grandpa Jim, Uncle Brett, and Uncle Brandon and Dad, layed their hands on my head and then said a prayer.  Daddy blessed me and told me I had a soft heart.  He told me to look to my mom as an example.  Daddy told me that the Holy Ghost would help me to find answers to my questions, like where I should go to college, and who I should marry.  I felt really really happy all day.  I’m glad I got baptized.



Comments