Once Upon a Time

Yesterday, to beat those end of the Summer doldrums, I showed the kids how to fold a piece of paper into an 8 page book and then had them write me a story.  This actually kept them busy for over an hour (Hooray!) and Tanner even worked on his all night and into the morning.  Their stories were so great, I just had to share them:

The Wich (Witch) Ha Ha Ha, by Ashlyn F.

Once there was a wich (witch) a very very evel (evil) one!  One day she was goin to kill the queen and put her in a pot of water that was relly (really) hot.  Whow (who) would help her?  Then the prinsses came to kill the which (witch) and the queen was happy.  The End

The Hero Who Went Down the Stairs by Ian Fillmore

Once there was a soldier, who didn't want to go down the stairs.
There was wallpaper, he had to put down the stairs.
When he went down the stairs, a dragon appeared on the wallpaper and he was real.
He had no idea what to do.
He went right upstairs and the dragon appeared on the stairs.
The King got mad at the soldier and said it could never be true.
The King looked down the stairs and he saw the dragon.  He called a hero with a sword to come and kill the dragon.
The Hero killed the dragon.
The End

The Three Little Mosquitoes by Tanner Fillmore
Once there lived three little mosquitoes, who were told to live on there own.
The first mosquito got lost so he built a house out of leafs, when he was done, he sturded (started) to sleep, when the bad bat came.
Little mosquito, little mosquito, let me in.
Not by the blood of my skin.
Then I'll munck (munch) and crunck (crunch) your house in.
So he cruncked (crunched) and he muncked (munched) his hose (house) in.
So the mosquito flew and flew until he came to his brothers house.  His brother just finshed bilding his house out of twigs.  When he saw his brother, he said, "Would you like to sleep over with me?" and his brother said yes.
So they slept but agin the bad bat and he said "Little Mosquito, little mosquito, let me in."  Not by the blood of my skin.  Then I'll munch and crunck (crunch) your house in. So he munched and crunched the house in.
So they flew and flew until they came to there sisters house.  She just finished her house out of bark, but she found her brothers.  If they would want to sleep with her.  Her brothers said, yes.  They all slept together.  They didn't get much sleep when the bad bat came.  "Little mosquitoes, little mosquitos, let me in."  Not by the blood of my skin.  Then I'll crunch and munch your house in.  So he started, but his teeth fell out, so he flew all the way home and was never seen again.
THE END

Maybe I will never have any of my stories published, but writing is definately in our blood.  I am so proud of my little authors.  And if I wasn't too lazy to scan their pictures, you would have to admit that they are pretty good illustrators too!

Comments