I Feel So Old

Lately I have been feeling SO old.  Nine months of pregnancy is hard on the body, and my mom likes to remind me that it is probably harder for me this time around because I am getting "older"... sigh... Then there is the fact that when I was in my 20's and I told people that I had 3 kids, they were aghast, "No way, you are much to young to have that many kids."  Now when I get asked what number of kids this will make for me, 5, I get no special response, just a, "Oh, good for you."  It is also disheartening when I find out that the girls working with me in my church calling are like 10 years younger than me and have kids.  I used to be the young one in the ward, and I can't reconcile the fact that I am just a middle aged soccer mom :(

But last week I REALLY felt old when the kids celebrated their 100th day of school by dressing up like they were 100 years old and drawing pictures of what they would look like. 


Grandma Ashlyn... there was a lot more that I would have liked to have done to add to her outfit... pulled up her skirt a little higher, placed some used tissues in some strategic places, etc.  But she was only comfortable to this level of dressing up, so I let her be.

She did let me powder her hair however.  Won't she make such a cute old lady?

And here is Tanner's rendition of what he will look like.  I am just too lazy today to turn the picture, so help me out and turn your head.  I am honestly not sure if he is wearing pants or not in this picture.  Yes, he is going to be one of those kind of grandpas!

Feel free to tell me that I don't look old enough to have two, One-hundred year olds.  I might just make my day!

Comments