Tanner the Scout


Ever since Zac was called to be a Scout Master, Tanner has decided that he is a scout. This is great for me because, all he knows about scouts is that they love their mother and "help the ladies". He always gets the doors for us wherever we go, helps me carry in groceries, and gets us across the street safely.
This goes hand in hand with his desire to be a missionary. He listens very intently at church and whenever I teach him about Jesus. As we were preparing to go camping this weekend with all of the Fillmore cousins, I wanted to be sure that Tanner and Ashlyn made everyone feel included. I sat down with them and explained that we are all children of God and that they needed to be kind to everyone and not leave anyone out. Later that day when we arrived camping, Tanner was concerned because his younger cousin Meg was shooting him with a toy gun, this is the following conversation that took place:
Tanner: Mom, I don't like Meg shooting me with the gun, what do I do?
Me: Just ask her politely to stop.
Tanner: Meg, do you know Jesus?
Meg: Yeah, I know Jesus.
Tanner: Well, he is our child!
And somehow from that, Meg was supposed to understand that we are all children of God and should treat each other kindly. He will make a great missionary some day!

Comments