Mother's Day

 For Mother's Day I wanted nothing more than a relaxing day at the cabin.  We had fun going to cabin church and listening to some sweet talks about motherhood there and they gave all the mothers a little bag of chocolates.  Afterward, we stopped at peaceful Big Springs and watched the huge trout swim under the bridge in that pristine clear water.

I even got to sit out of the latest project as I had the privilege of taking Charlotte to a volleyball tournament all day Saturday and while I was there, Zac and the rest of the kids ripped the ceiling down in the kitchen of the cabin and cleaned it out and refinished it.


The squirrels had been running amuck through that ceiling for probably 40 years.

We were also delighted to find out that the aurora borealis was on display in our area, which has never happened to my recollection in my entire lifetime.  And though it was a little hard to see with the naked eye, we were able to catch some shots of it with our cell phone camera filters.


On our way home, we stopped at the cemetery to wish Grandma Kris a happy heavenly birthday and Mother's Day.  We miss her so much!



Ian hadn't been able to come with us to the Mother's Day celebration as he had other obligations, but still wanted to wish me a happy Mother's Day, so I came home to this! 😂

I can in all sincerity say that I am one of the luckiest mothers alive.  My kids are so good to me and just good humans in general.  They give my life purpose and make me so happy.

Comments