Zac and Lori Trip to Miami

Zac had a conference in Miami in March and talked me into going with him and I was really glad he did!  This Winter has dragged on long and cold and getting into the sunshine felt so good.  While we were gone, Idaho got his with another terrible blizzard and the kids had a snow day and a half!

I love driving into Miami, I wish I could capture it better with my camera as we are driving, but I just can't get a good pick from this vantage and while we are moving.  But the city skyline on the ocean absolutely takes my breath away.

And once you pull into the Miami Beach area, palm trees line the streets and they are all wrapped in lights.  I also couldn't do this scene justice with it's magical quality.

We are spoiled that the conference is on Miami beach, and we stayed at a beautiful hotel right on the beach.
Butterfly garden at the hotel.
And awesome pool.

The beach right outside my hotel

I was so surprised to see billboards going up and down the beach area!

In town there is a historic theater called The Fillmore
There are lots of big art pieces all over the city!  I thought this one represented how my hair looks in the humidity.

On day 1, we only had to set up Zac's booth at the conference and then had the rest of the day free, so we drove down South to Ft. Lauderdale and Key Largo to checkout Zac's mission area.  In 1998, Zac was assigned to serve an LDS mission to Albania.  However, due to some unrest in the country, he was reassigned to the Ft. Lauderdale, FL mission for 3 months until the Albanian mission opened again.

Zac had fun finding this church that he had attended as a missionary.  He has an amazing memory for places and buildings.

We also decided that since we had driven that far that we would continue going all the way down to Key West wich ended up being a 10 hour round trip!!  Key West is the southernmost piece of land in the United States!




Cool statues and monuments in Key West


There was a Man of War Jellyfish floating in the water right by the Key West monument.  That thing was so crazy to look at, it didn't seem real!


Zac's observation that someone always has a bigger boat.

As hard as it is to have Zac traveling so much, I really do love the opportunities we have to travel together and get in these experiences.

Comments