Valentine's Day 2024

I guess you could say that Zac and I aren't your traditional Valentine's gift givers, instead, we try to speak each others love languages:

Zac loves anything he can put jam and honey on, so for Valentine's day this year I got him a little honey sample pack + his favorite honey and made some homemade freezer jam in three varieties.  I would have also made him some homemade bread, but Charlotte needed some emergency sugar cookies made for a student council sale the day before Valentine's day and I was baked out... but I made him some a couple of days later.

Zac knows my love language is games, not sure that is a love language but I sure do love playing games, so he took the kids and they picked out a game for me along with a couple of my favorite snacks and some beautiful flowers!

We learned years ago that our kids don't actually like the chocolates that come in the cheap little boxes of chocolates, so we upgraded them to Reese's peanut butter cups!



Whitlee came up with her own cute creative Valentine's this year to go with these darling multi-colored gel pens.  They say, "I hap-PEN to think you are INK-credible."

And apparently, we are getting to be old parents, because instead of helping her make a creative homemade Valentine's box, we just bought a heart pinata to hold her Valentine's this year.  It kind of makes me a little sad thinking of some of the boxes we have made with the kids over the years, but she loved it!
A special Valentine from Zac and the kids.

And even though sometimes I think the kids hate our Cupid's Crazy Cafe tradition, it is the first thing they talk about every year when Valentine's rolls around!  This year, we made all of the menu items in Tagalog in honor of Ashlyn serving in the Philippines!

I love our family and all of the traditions we look forward to ever year.

Comments