Valentine's Day

Oh yes I did.  I made homemade Valentine's this year for each one of my sisters.  I am just that crafty and amazing.  Don't be jealous of my skills.  I would be more than happy to post a tutorial for anyone interested.

Some said, "Valentine, I love clowning around with you."

While others got, "It's scary how much I love you."

Yes, I think all my sisters felt just how much I love and appreciate each one of them.

The kids were also ambitious.  They made their own Valentine's boxes... 
Tanner made an Olympic skier.  The amazing thing about this box was that while he was making it, I was having the usual urges to offer suggestions or manipulations to guide him to make his box.  But instead, I decided to bite my tongue this time.  The only thing I said was, "That is amazing.  How creative."  I wanted to see what he could do all by himself out of his own head and not his dad or my heads.  And all I can honestly say it turned out amazing and creative!

Even though he defaced Ian's helicopter pilot action figure.  I think Ian likes it better this way.

Pancake mixes for the teachers this year and I surprised myself this year by resisting the urge to add any corny puns like, "We couldn't ask for a 'Batter' teacher"  Nope, no puns.  Just a good ol' Happy Valentine's Day, here is some pancake mix.  I am really growing up!

Tanner chose basketball playing cards with tattoos for his Valentines.  Have I ever mentioned that the boy likes basketball?

And Ashlyn also made a box all by HERSELF (and maybe a little help from Pinterest... she hasn't been bitten by Pinterest yet like I have.  She still thinks it has good ideas). 
And again I resisted helping.  She even asked me to help, but I reminded her that her art skills far surpassed mine and she couldn't deny this fact, so she happily went on her way and completed the box by herself.  And I think it turned out adorable.

I did still do some Valentine's hair.  Because that is just awesome right there.

And I got my sweetie some of his favorite things.



One of those things being a big old bowl of raspberries and cream for breakfast.

And he and the kids got me some of my favorite things!

We got the kids each their own little box of chocolates and a doughnut.

Doughnuts are always a hit.




Bronson got his finger dirty.


First Valentine's Day for this girl and her first doughnut.  No complaints.  She thinks that this holiday is great!

Later that night I got to have my favorite kind of date with Zac.  A get the kids to be early night and snuggle up and watch a movie together.  Can't be beat!
I love all my Valentines.  What a blessed girl I am.

Comments