Ski Day

Our family has recently discovered a nice little ski resort less than an hour away from our house.  It has a great run for kids and ample opportunities to ride a ski lift for a pretty decent price.  And with Zac being the ski fanatic that he is, our kids are also falling in love with this sport.  We were so excited to find some deals at the ski swap this year and got all of the kids outfitted in skis and boots for as much as about a one time rental would cost.  So we were so excited to get out there and enjoy the season.  Zac was able to take the kids over Winter Break:






And they had the most wonderful time.  I decided next time that I would get a babysitter and come with them.  I lined up a babysitter for Valentine's Day and was geared up to go with the family skiing.  I called the ski hill to check on hours, etc.  And guess what?  These record high temperatures have shut down most of the ski hill!!!  I never did get to go skiing, not once.  And I am so sad because I don't think I have been in probably over ten years.  But at least the kids got in their one magical day while their ski boots still fit them.  Can't wait for next year.  I am so going.

Comments