Baby Got Blessed

We decided to celebrate Mother's Day this year by blessing little Whitlee May.  I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate Mother's Day than by celebrating the last edition to our family with our extended family.  Zac gave the little gal a wonderful blessing.  He is so amazing at blessings.  He is really in touch with the Spirit and you can just feel it radiating through him.  And we got to party afterwards with our own mothers and a huge and delicious meal that everyone contributed to.  We were so blessed to have every sibling, spouse, and cousin at the blessing, as well as the majority of our parents.  Sadly, the only one that we missed that day was Zac's dad due to a conflict in their schedule.  It was truly a great day.

One of my favorite parts of the morning was getting Whitlee ready for her blessing.  I was so excited when I put on the little Mary Janes that I crocheted to go with her dress.  They were SO cute.

I mean seriously!  I am thinking about crocheting myself some.

I talked Zac into getting me a real fancy schmancy camera for my birthday last year and was sure that it would improve my photo skills ten fold... but then I always get in such a rush and don't take my time to frame up a good shot, and this is what I get.  While the baby is adorable and her dress is stellar, I just didn't do her justice on her blessing day...
Which is why I "hired" my sister Lyndsay to take much better shots of her a couple of weeks back before the blessing.

Later in the day after all the family trickled back home to celebrate Mother's Day in their own special ways, we had a very chill night together as a family building a cage around the baby with blocks. 

Why? You ask.

Well, when I first brought Ian home from the hospital the twins were three.  Tanner wasn't sure about his new baby brother and didn't like him doing a lot of things like crying and pooping, and in general moving, so he decided to build a cage around his brother with blocks.

I thought it was kind of funny, so when Charlotte came along and Ian was three, I asked him if he would also like to build a cage around his baby sister, which he thought was a great idea.

And a tradition was born, so of course we also built the block cage around Bronson, and now Whitlee.  If I were awesome, I would figure out where all those pictures were and insert them here so that you could compare, but I am lazy, so prob. not going to happen right now.

Anyways, Whitlee is so chill, she just laid there and took it and even smiled and cooed at her captors.

Later that night, Zac and I decided that now that the girl is big enough to be blessed, it was time for her to move out of our room and into her own room/ crib.  This was her first night out of my room.

At first, it was hard for me to kick her out.  I didn't want to admit that she is already growing up :(  But after a great nights sleep where I didn't wake up every time she grunted or moved, I decided that it might not be so bad after all and she has happily been kickin' it in her own crib since. 

Awww... Isn't she precious.  I have to tell you, this is one of the calmest, happiest, easiest babies I have had.  She is such an angel, we can't hardly stand putting her to bed at night because we are enjoying her so much.  Can't wait to see what is in store for this special little girl.

Comments