Summer Camps

Recently, Tanner had an opportunity to go to basketball camp put on by our local high school (which just so happens to be 3 minutes from our house, have I mentioned I love where we live?)  And he absolutely loved every minute of it!

Unfortunately, we did not see that they had a sport's camp program for the girls, but I did see a flyer for a "Sewing Camp" at the library for Ashlyn's age group and I thought... Hey, I could do that!  So while Tanner went to basketball camp every day for a week, Ashlyn and I learned to sew...



This girl learned how to thread and operate the machine, cut out a pattern, wind a bobbin, thread a needle, sew on a button, press open seams, and so much more.  I am so mad that I didn't take a picture of her finished projects :(  She did an amazing job and at the end of the week had sewed a drawstring bag, a stuffed animal, a pair of pajama pants, and had enough left over fabric to sew a matching pillow.  She had so much fun and took to it like a natural.  This may just become an annual tradition!

After our sewing camps wrapped up on the final day we rushed over to the church for a Pack Meeting involving some Minute to Win It games, like balance the cookie on a popsicle stick: 



And ended with Tanner receiving his Wolf Award with 4 Arrow Points!!! 
Way to go Tanner we are so proud of you and how you are working so hard at scouts.  We are proud of you too Ashlyn and now that you have learned how to sew can you sew Tanner's badges onto his scout shirt for me?

Comments