Ian

We had the opportunity to spend the day with one of Ian's best buddies from Shelley a couple of days before we moved.  We will be sad to leave Shelley, but were so glad for the opportunity to accumulate new friendships.
Ian is such a crack up to me.  Here are a few of my favorites lately:
He lost 3 teeth in two weeks.  He loves getting the dollar bill, but has been so mortified of the tooth fairy, that we have had to leave the teeth far away from his bed so that darn tooth fairy can't get him.
He really hates "mythical" creatures.  When we moved into the new house, he has been very nervous about sleeping in his own room, but Tanner and Ashlyn won't budge on having their own rooms, so he is on his own.  About every night he comes up with a new worry.
One night, he told me, "I know monsters aren't real, and that they don't really exist, but every time I close my eyes, I just can't stop thinking about them."
Another night he started randomly asking me questions about Cupid and about whether or not he was real, not thinking I told him that maybe there was a Cupid and we just couldn't see him.  Later that night I was awoken by a horrified little boy worried to death about being shot by Cupid's arrows.
So I tried to use some magic to make him some "Magical Invisible Weapons", to which he replied, "Mom, I know magic is not real... well, just at the North Pole it's real."
Maybe we'll have to ask Santa for some help with defense against all these rougue creatures.
But my all time favorite Ian-ism from the past couple of weeks was when this happened:
Ian: "Mom, I know how to get to the Celestial Kingdom"
Me: "Oh yeah, how?"
Ian:  "I just have to get my butt in the door."
Me: "What?!?"
Ian:  "You know like that song we sing in Primary, 'The Celestial Kingdom can be mine if I can butt in door."
Me:  [googling "Celestial Kingdom can be mine"]
The song "I am a Child of God" comes up... the Fourth verse states, "Celestial Glory can be mine if I can but endure."
Oh, I love this boy.  He keeps me so entertained.

Comments