Date with Daddy

On one of the first few days we were here in the new house, I got a knock at the door.  A woman introduced herself to me and asked me if by chance I had a daughter aged 8-11.  And of course I do, and she was so relieved.  She said that she had felt a prompting that she needed to stop at our house and see if we had moved in and had a daughter of this age because she was her new Achievement Day Leader and they were having a Daddy Daughter date that night.  We were so happy that she stopped because Ashlyn had to miss her Daddy Daughter date in Shelley because of our move.
I know it isn't a life changing event, but by that lady following the prompting of the Holy Ghost, she was able to help a shy little girl make some new friends and made up for missing out on the fun that she missed because of the move.

Daddy and Ashlyn Ready for their luau.

Self-picture

Charlotte was SO jealous that Ashlyn got to go on a date with dad and she didn't that she was in hysterics.  We had to let her get in on the picture.

And then Ian was jealous because he was being left out of a picture opportunity.  Note that he had to put on a Hawaiian shirt too!

They ended up having a great time and making lots of new friends.  I love our church :)

Comments