Some of my Greatest Blessings Call Me Mother (and Wife)

Our new Christmas church duds!  The boys were especially excited to have white shirts and ties just like the scouts and missionaries and Charlotte immediately wanted me to help her put on her 'Rella (Cinderella) dress and shoes.

I am so thankful for a husband who is such an amazing daddy.  I love how after he watched Toy Story with the kids, he got out his marker and wrote his name on the bottom of each of their feet.  I love how he lays awake at night worrying about whether or not he gave a child enough recognition over an accomplishment and then half the time runs down the stairs to wake up the said child to tell them how proud he is of them and how much he loves them.  I love that when he has a Saturday to do whatever he wants, he chooses to be with us making teepees and building projects with the kids. There isn’t a day that goes by where he doesn’t do something to help me and our family.  He is very good at expressing his love to all of us and it is definitely reciprocated.  When he pulls into the garage after work, there is a kid stampede to the garage to see who can get to daddy first.  If I would have known what an amazing father Zac was going to be, I would have married him after our first date!

I am so thankful for Ashlyn and her sweet little spirit.  Ashlyn is our cuddly child.  She loves to snuggle in with us and read books or watch a movie.  It is so fun to watch her exploding in her academic accomplishments.  She is becoming such a good little reader and has already read over 80 books this school year alone!  I love how dedicated and persistent she is.  Last year she struggled with her hand writing and this year she has worked so hard to improve that she is constantly receiving top marks on all of her handwriting pages.  She will also take longer than anyone else completing an art project because she is determined to make it her best.  She is very good at art and has even taken second place in a poster contest at school!  I love how tender hearted she is with animals.  She will spend hours out petting her dog and loves animals of all makes and models… even snakes!  Ashlyn is such a good friend and so much fun to be with, I am so glad that I get to be a part of an eternal friendship with her.

I am thankful for Tanner and his helpful personality.  Tanner is my secret elf.  There isn’t a day that goes by where he hasn’t done something for me without being asked whether it is bringing in the garbage can, cleaning up toys from a room, or getting his little sister a drink.  I love how much Tanner loves his siblings and is so eager to take care of Charlotte.  He loves to get her up in the morning, get her a drink of milk and then will play with her for hours.  I also love how inventive Tanner is.  He can’t bear to see a piece of garbage thrown away because he knows it can be turned into something useful or cool.  He is never bored because he has so much imagination.  He provides so many fun activities for his siblings and friends that everyone loves to be around Tanner.  Tanner is also so bright and has such good manners that it is always a pure joy to go into parent/ teacher conferences and hear how much his teachers adore him.  I am so honored to be this boy’s mother.

I am thankful for Ian and what a good buddy he is to me.  I seriously look forward to waking this kid up each morning.  There are many mornings when he is just sitting up in bed cheerfully reading a book to himself and he always very happily greets me.  He has sworn a vow to his daddy that he will watch over me and help me throughout the day and boy does he ever.  If we go anywhere he always helps me cross the street safely, gets doors for me, and carries heavy loads.  At home, he is by my side all day asking me what chores he can do for me.  I also feel so blessed to be the constant recipient of spiritual uplifting from this child.  There isn’t a day that goes by when he isn’t contemplating Jesus, Heavenly Father, his guardian angels, and looking forward to his mission. I am also thankful that I get to take turns teaching him at preschool.  I get to witness firsthand how bright and talented he is.  He is also so charismatic and can make friends everywhere he goes.  I feel so honored to be a mother to this bubbly intelligent son.

I am also thankful for my little Charlotte and the spirit and spunk that she brings into our home.  I love how she can talk so well and so sweetly.  We attended a baby signing class at the library where the instructor was trying to get the children to sign please and thank you, but every time she would say the words, Char would just call out, “Please” and “Thank You” showing the instructor that signs were a waste of time for her, she could communicate just fine thank you.  She also tells us “sorry” and “Hello Mommy!” and my favorite “Wow! Cool mom!”  I love how she adores teasing us and cracks herself up.  At night, Zac and I can sit with our ears to her door for hours just listening to her sing and talk to herself.  She also loves to help around the house and anytime I unload the dishwasher she is right by my side handing me the silver ware and the cups.  I love how she is so social and loving and will give anyone hugs and loves.  She especially knows the right times to give me hugs and loves.  I love her so much and am so glad that she is part of our family.

These are a couple of my favorite people from the last few weeks...
Someone needs to teach this girl where underwear really goes!

Sampling the dogfood that dad left out with a spoon

Ashlyn and Ian meeting Little Critter at the local library

This is Charlotte for the 5 seconds when she got brave enough to approach Little Critter before screaming in terror!

Ian made himself a nice cozy bed in the linen closet

Sigh... I love my family!

Comments

USA said…
You have such an adorable family. What a blessing it is to them to have such a WONDERFUL MOTHER! You are simply AMAZING Lori. I love you. Thank you for your testimony and friendship!
Kris said…
I love the new church clothes and especially love the kids in them!