The Queen of Fools

Ah, April Fools, one of best days of the year.  You might all think that I am perverse for getting such joy for inflicting others with trickery, but I like to think my family still loves me?

This year the twins are finally getting old enough to start understanding the art of a good trick.  On April Fools Eve, I went down to tuck them in only to find Tanner in pink monkey pajammas lounging in Ashlyn's pink princess bed, and Ashlyn in blue firetruck jammies kickin' it in Fort Fillmore (Tanner's bed). 

To get them back, we waited until they went to sleep and then we used yarn to make spider webs over their doorways and the hallway.


BUT I always save my best tricks for Zac.  Ever since we have been married (almost 10 years), I have had a little plastic lizard that I have transfered to every bottle of shampoo that he has ever owned.  He complained about it once, but I told him that if there is ever a time in his life that there isn't a lizard in his shampoo, it means I am either dead, or I have lost my sense of humor, both of which would be devastating.  He has never complained since.

So this year, the night before the big day, I dumped the water out of his spray bottle, and the hairspray out of his hairspray bottle and replaced them with vinegar and pickle juice.  He got up, put on his best work shirt, was all ready to go, ran into the bathroom to spray down his hair and then started yelling!!!  I ran to the safety of the outdoors until he left for work.
To get me back, he dipped my toothbrush in soap... so lame.

Later that morning, Ashlyn, Tanner, and I filled water balloons and put them in Zac's shoes.

But Ian got the last laugh when he made us "Hot Dogs and Hamburgers" for dinner.  The hambergers were York Peppermint Patties sandwiched between Nilla Wafers and attached with red icing (ketchup).


What a fun day!

Comments

Kris said…
Can your children possibly grow up to be "normal"? I hope not!
Lots of Love!