Kindergarten-- Take me Away!

I love playing with Ian, but it certainly is hard to get anything done in a day when I have a four-year-old (almost) shadow following me around everywhere.  I can't even go to the bathroom without him knocking... "What are you doing in there?  How long are you going to be?  What are you going to do next?  Then what are you going to do after that?  When is lunch?  Are you going to play with me after lunch?"  If I am not playing with this boy all day long, then he parks it in front of the TV.  If I shut off the TV, then he lays on his bed and kicks his feet against the wall for an hour until I can't take it anymore and have to come up with an activity for us to do together.  At least when the twins were this age, they had each other for a constant playmate, but now they are at school all day and Charlotte is too little to play with.  What do I do?!  I love playing with the boy, but sometimes I have to do household chores or something by myself to keep my sanity.  How do you teach a child to play by himself?  Any suggestions are completely welcome!

Our attempt to entertain ourselves...

 Happy Faces

 Sad Faces

Mad Faces (note Charlotte pulling my hair)


 Surprised

 And of course... silly.


You know I'm still gonna cry when this kid really does step on the bus for Kindergarten.  I love this boy!

Comments