Girlie Mirror Re-Do

Recently, Ashlyn acquired a cute vanity from her Aunt Megan to put into her room, but she needed a mirror to go over it.  We had old goldie for awhile, but didn't have a place for it to go after I got my new temple picture for Christmas, so it was time to give old goldie a re-do.

 Here is Old Goldie before we touched her up.  I love it when blogger flips my pictures for me.  It is awesome that it knows better than I what I want to do with my pictures!

 This is my design team, Ian and Ashlyn.  We needed something to do while Tanner and Dad were skiing.

 First thing, we cleaned Old Goldie and covered her up with some newspaper so we wouldn't paint the mirror.  We sprayed her with a primer coat of white spray paint and then gave her a couple of coats with a pearlie sheen.  I was tempted to stop there... but we were too excited to try making some crepe paper roses that we have been seeing on lots of craft blogs.  The total cost in crepe paper, tape, and paint was $10.
 The finished product.  A perfect addition to Ashlyn's "garden-themed" room.

Looks super cute with her new vanity.  Thanks Megan!

Comments

Toni said…
Perfect for her room!
Annie Bingham said…
That is sooooo cute! I love it!
Kris said…
So darling! Love it.