My Random List of Happiness

I have had a wonderful past couple of weeks and wanted to take a second to reflect on those things that make me so happy! 

My first HAPPY is schedules!  I know that sounds weird, but hear me out.  I haven't had any sort of schedule to my day ever since the kids have been back in school.  I thought having a schedule for Ian would mean that I never got to do anything that I wanted to do and would be a slave to the schedule.  But the past while, it seems like Ian and I got in a rut where he would watch TV all day or follow me around asking me when I would play with him again.  I never felt like I could get anything done because I was constantly having to entertain Ian.  So finally, I sat down one day and put together a schedule of activities for Ian.  Some of them are self-guided and some of them we do together.  Since I have done that, my days go by SO much smoother.  I feel like I am spending better quality time with the kids, the TV is only on half as much, and I am so much more productive.  I also put together a schedule for myself so that I spread out my work load a little better and force myself to get off the computer (today is my blog catching up day!)  I am also super excited because I have made a list of 26 areas of my home that need to be organized.  On Tuesdays, I check off one item on my to-organize list.  Little by little my house is becoming so organized and I am loving it!  And it doesn't feel so overwhelming when I just do one item a week.  Hurray for schedules!

Here is Ian demonstrating his finished products from craft time with mom.

Secondly, I am HAPPY about my wreath.  It is such a little thing, but I didn't have anything to put in my wreath for wintertime that wasn't Christmas.  The craft store was closing out these wreath garnishes, so I got a whole new wreath makeover for $2 and I love how it turned out!

Thirdly, I love my new mini-bundt cake pan that Zac gave me for Christmas.  It can make things like this cute crayons that Ian and I made from all of our old broken crayons...or....
 It can make delicious banana muffin bundts that look so fancy, but taste even better!  My pan makes me so happy (though my computer is not making me happy right now because it is flipping my image and I don't know why?)


Funny three-year olds who dress up like superheroes always make me happy.

Happy Snow days, like today (when we woke up it was -22 below zero!!! gotta love Idaho!), where Tanner and Ashlyn can stay at home and play with us!

And, winning contests!  Go check me out at http://www.chewandchew.blogspot.com/ for the details!

I am a very blessed girl!

Comments

Kris said…
Yea for Wednesdays...your blog catching up day! It's the highlight of my week! Another contest! WOW!