My Insanely Romantic Valentine's Day

Poor Zac, he has had to work out of town a lot lately, on top of that, he was called into the Stake Young Men's presidency, which has kept him almost busier than his job, and then on top of that he had to take care of a family with stomach flu and then got the dreaded disease himself... but instead of feeling sorry for him like I should, I had been feeling sorry for myself for being stuck in the house with four little monsters angels with no break, so I told Zac that for Valentine's this year he had to do something so insanely romantic it would make my jaw drop.  AND HE DID!

He came home from work loaded with the makings for brownies and ice cream sundays... my favorite!  Then he snuck into our camp trailer, got the heat going, set up some roses and candles and bought me a favorite game from childhood, "Sorry!" and we played and ate brownies and had a wonderful night together.  Don't I have the best husby?

Here are some of our other Valentine's Day Highlights:
 Valentine's Hair  Can you tell that this half bun is in the shape of a heart?  I made it up myself and was thrilled with the results!  Now if I could just find a way to make Ashlyn hold still all day so that when she comes home from school she doesn't look like her hair went through a hurricane!

 We started our day off with some pink food coloring in the pancake batter and some heart shaped pancakes.

 Grandma Kris was so awesome to send us some Valentine's prizes and candy and even a sucker for Miss Charlotte, who LOVED it!

Want a taste?

At lunchtime, Ian, Charlotte, and I picked up some of Zac's favorite boneless honey BBQ chicken appetizers from Applebee's and some pops and Valentine's cookies from Wal-Mart and surprised him at his work!  See, I can be insanely romantic too!

 Then for dinner, we had a Mystery Dinner!  I got this idea off a blogsite that I follow.  The food and utensils were all in code.  The kids had to order three things at a time and then had five minutes for each course to enjoy their three items.  You can see Ian is eating spaghetti with his hands because he hadn't ordered a fork or spoon yet, and Zac looks sad because he was really thirsty, but didn't order his drink until the end!  The dinner was a riot.  You can see the menu and directions at this LINK.

Even Charlotte had some mystery dinner.  Mysterious objects are still appearing in her diapers!

The kids had a great Valentine party at school.  I gave them a choice this year to make their own Valentine's or buy some at the store.  They all enthusiastically voted to make them!  It is probably cheaper and way less time consuming to just buy them, but we had a lot of fun making them together.  I feel bad that I forgot to take pictures.  Tanner made some paper airplane making "kits", that said, "Valentine, you are just 'plane' awesome"  And Ashlyn make some elephants with heart ears and a heart face that said, "Don't forget to have a wonderful Valentine's Day!" 

What a wonderful holiday!

Comments