Elementary School Fundraisers- The Lazy Way

Do you remember being sent home in elementary school with a big box of candy bars and then were told to go door to door selling them for this fund raiser or that.  If you were like me, you probably ended up eating half the box and then your mom had to pay for them, and the money raised for the school ended up being enough to buy three new dodge balls!

Yeah, only now I'm the mom buying the candybars, wrapping paper, and post cards AND I live in a subdivision with a million other kids that go to school with my kids and they are all knocking on my door trying to raise money for (no one even knows!)

School fund raisers stink!  Don't get me wrong, I think getting behind charities and organizations that do research to cure illnesses are a good thing.  I would love my children to grow up and take up a cause and make every effort possible to donate their time and money being charitable... but this forum of promised Scooby Doo t-shirts and glow in the dark stickers for charities that probably only recieve 10% of my donated funds aren't my favorite and exploiting elementary school children to gather funds from family and friends is again not my favorite...

THAT SAID, recently, Tanner and Ashlyn have been asked to participate in Jump Rope for Heart through their school.  The proceeds go to the American Heart Association.  Since this is an organization that I feel is credible and deserving, I am making a plug here to raise funds, rather than sending the kids door to door or calling all of their friends and family. 

Please don't feel obliged, but if you would like to make a donation you can read more about it on the fund raising websites:

To donate in Tanner's name, click HERE.
To donate in Ashlyn's name, click HERE.

Thank You!

Comments