New Years Resolutions

One of my New Year's resolutions is to get more organized.  I know, how original of me, right?  Anywho, we had an awesome Relief Society Home Family and Personal Enrichment workshop in which I got to do a presentation on how to be more organized.  I don't know what they were smoking when they asked ME to present, but I made it through and came away from the experience with some good ideas from the other presenters.  Like this cute thing:

What could this darling bundle be?

A crayon roll!

20 crayons fit in their little cubbies snuggly and tight.  No more crayons rolling off the chairs in church, getting lost in the bottom of the diaper bag and breaking into hundreds of pieces.  Now we can just unroll our little crayon roll, and see every color we have without crayons going everywhere.

And then when we're done, it rolls up nice and tight and fits right here in my diaper bag!
Best of all it was free because I was able to use leftover scrap fabric from another project and took me under an hour to make!  I LOVE it!

If you want to make one, I got the instructions from The Idea Room, you can see the tutorial HERE.
But be warned, The Idea Room is addictive.  It has got to be the most amazing crafting blog in the world.  It consumes my time and my money with all of the projects I want to make from this site!

Comments

I was just thinking of making something similar, but one that has an extra flap at the bottom so you can prop the crayons against the back of the seat at church and no crayons would fall in the crack between the seat and the back. Love it!!
Tiffany said…
So I totally just made one! Thanks for sharing Lori! I am going to blog about it too. I LOVE your ideas!
Holly said…
For the record Lori YOU ARE SO ORGANIZED it's sick! ;) That is why of course we asked you to teach the class!! You amaze me. I think you win Mother of the Year award yet you are so down to earth and easy going. I am so glad I have the chance to get to know you better!