New Year's Eve Traditions

This year for our New Year's Eve party, we celebrated with some of our favorite new years traditions, like setting up all of our tents and making a tent city and having a family slumber party.  Last year, I was a wussie because I was 7 months pregnant and could not get comfortable on the floor in a tent, so both Zac and I snuck up to our bed after the kids were asleep.  So, this year, I was determined that I would sleep with the kids this time, but by the time midnight rolled around we were so tired, we snuck up to our bed again.  But next year, I swear, will be the year that I stay in the tent all night!

We also celebrated with some new traditions.  Charlotte had been sick and not eating and pulling at her ears, so I headed in to the doctor that morning and 4 hours later came home with the diagnosis of strep throat!, which they say is not common at all for babies.  So Char and I stayed home the rest of the day and sent the kids and Zac to go bowling with the cousins.  When they got home, they checked the mail and found a letter from Santa!  Santa's letter said that he had hid some presents in the house to help the kids celebrate new years and he left a clue that was the kick off to a scavenger hunt.  The scavenger hunt led them to my cedar chest where they unwrapped a movie, a wii game, and a board game, along with some poppers and "crackers", not the kind that you eat, but the kind that you pull and get a cool prize like..

These rockin' awesome crowns, and parachute men, hopping frogs, and all kinds of little prizes.

Looking a little tired but she's a trooper, she hung in there until midnight!

The awesome parachute guy that came in the cracker.

Not sure what he was drinking!

I love New Years.  It may be my favorite holiday of the year.  It is so cozy to snuggle in with my little family with all kinds of snacks, games, and movies, and then kick off a New Year full of resolutions, goals, and organization.  Here's to 2011!

Comments