The Biggest Zoo in the Western US

My kids have Kindergarton on Mondays, Wednesdays, and every other Fridays. This presents a challenge on Tuesdays and Thursdays when they feel like they need me to entertain them the whole day. Tuesday, I challenged them to create a zoo. They got all of their stuffed animals out, sorted them, and made them each a "cage". They then tried to find plastic foods that each of the animals could eat and tried to make them a comfortable habitat. Then to help their dad find his way around, they drew maps of the zoo. This activity ended up lasting them all day and they were very proud of their accomplishment. I was so impressed with their habitats and maps. I feel like these kids teach me more than I teach them sometimes!

Comments

Just US said…
Hey Lori it's Carley...your kids look real cute! Can I use your great zoo idea? : )
Tay Pam Smith said…
You are so AMAZING! You have such wonderful ideas for your kids and you have the perfect temperament! Thanks for your example!!