Zac's Big 4-0!!

Zac had a bench mark birthday this year and turned the big 4-0!  I can't believe that he is that OLD or that I am right behind him.  This adventure that we have been on together is going so fast and I have loved every minute.

So what do you get a guy who has it all?  Some of his favorites of course!  Homemade bread and jam, Cream of the West cereal, and some favorite candy bars.  He also got a cool anti-gravity chair and some other awesome and adorable things that the kids picked out by themselves when I dropped them off to shop.

The kids wanted to do something extra special for the big 40th, but Zac said no parties, so the kids found 40 rocks, painted them and wrote something they love about him on each rock.  Cuz' 40 Rocks!


I love the words the kids came up with to describe their dad.  It was amazing how it wasn't hard at all to think of 40 different things we love about our dad and each kid contributed.

And of course it is always quite the holiday on Zac's birthday because it is my birthday too!  This year we were kind of lame and we worked on our birthdays.  We did leave for the cabin that night and had so much to get done during the day that we didn't do much on our actual birthday, but I was visited by 3-4 friends who stopped by with hugs and little gifts and so much kindness that it overwhelmed me.  And of course with Facebook wishes, texts, and phone calls we always feel so abundantly loved.  Zac and I were able to celebrate at the cabin by having our annual birthday golf trip and it was so refreshing and fun.

Happy Birthday Sweetheart!  Here's to another 60 birthday's together!

Comments