Spring Recital

The Spring piano recital is my favorite recital of the year!  The kid's piano teacher helps them to pick something so complicated and over their heads that they think they will die, but no only do they not die, but they master their pieces and memorize them and perform them in front of an auditorium full of people!!  However this year was a little different.  I just finished my first year of piano lessons since I quit when I was 15.  And performing in front of that auditorium of people nearly DID kill me.  That is why this year I decided to have a "pre-recital" at home with no people or pressure and record myself and the kids playing, which I am so glad I did because I choked so BIG at the recital.  It was crazy humiliating and humbling, but I made it through and signed up for another year of piano.  I am crazy, but I am enjoying it!  The kids though... they rocked that recital and played in front of those people like it was no big deal.  I am so proud of them!!









Comments