Easter

I do so love Easter.  We have such wonderful family traditions that help us to welcome in Spring and also rejoice in the Resurrection of our Savior.

One tradition that we always look forward to is the dying of the Easter eggs.

Whitlee came in style this year:


Bronson was in charge of this Family Home Evening and so he got to go shopping with me to pick out the Easter egg kit.  We also made some dyes on our own with our food coloring.  Each kid picked a hue that they wanted to make and followed a color guide to make that specific color.  It was fun!







Okay, I took about 20 pictures of her in her sunglasses.  It just kept cracking me up... much like she was cracking up every egg we gave her to color.









Saturday morning the Easter Bunny found us and brought us some baskets filled with some fun items to help us celebrate spring like sidewalk chalk, jump ropes, and a kite.



After the baskets had been thoroughly perused, the hunt for candy was on!



The big kids were kind of funny this year, having very little desire to look for candy and mainly just wanting to sit, relax, and enjoy the contents of their baskets.


Whitlee thought that finding candy around the house was a GREAT game.  She has been on a sugar high for weeks!

Later that night we got to have a very enjoyable family dinner with Zac's family.  Zac's mom always has such a fun Easter Egg hunt for the kids and they love more than anything being with their cousins.

We also had a very lovely Easter Sunday.  We made our traditional Resurrection Rolls watched some of the beautiful videos of Christ's life on lds.org.  And had a wonderful Easter dinner and visit with my mom and dad.

I am so thankful for my Savior and can't even begin to comprehend all that he did so that I can return to my Heavenly Father, be resurrected, and be with my family forever.  The gospel brings me such happiness. 

Comments