Snow Daze

I swear to you in February last year, we were running around outside bare feet on the lawn.  Last year's Winter was so mild and just my pace.  My little family however, likes to ski, and play in the snow, and play in reservoirs in the Summer that got filled from snow pack in the Winter.  So I won't complain about all the snow and cold that has been going down this year.

And on the upside, Mother Nature does some beautiful decorating with snow, ice, and crystals...




I am having such a hard time figuring out how to get the right lighting with my camera to do these shots justice... so if anyone is a photography expert, please tell me what I need to do!

We have also had a lot of fun playing in the snow this year.  Especially this little lady, who is experiencing her first Winter of playing in the snow! 


Could anything be cuter?  After about 30 minutes outside, she got bored, wandered onto the trampoline and pulled off all her snow clothes, and the cried when she got cold.

We had the perfect snow sculpting conditions a couple of weeks ago, so we decided to have a snow sculpture contest.  I told each of the kids that they had to create an animal out of snow.

Charlotte and I created a Polar Bear: 
She is trying to act scared that she is standing next to a bear.
You should never actually hug a bear in real life.

Bronson wanted to make a snow fox. 
Again, the lighting isn't right.  I need to take a class or watch Youtube or something.
He had no desire to pose with it.  He was cold and he was done.
Tanner made a snow turtle... 

And put very minimal effort into it... 

Because he really just wanted to build a fort. 

Ashlyn made a snow cat. 

And Ian made a gigantic creepy snow spider with a creepy smiling face. 


Sadly, by that night, the snow had turned to rain and back into snow and destroyed all of our afternoons hard work.  But it was all worth it to have a fun day enjoying the joys of Winter!

Comments